News

N20 billion bailout fund scandal: Kogi replies EFCC, says will provide evidence later

N20 billion bailout fund scandal: Kogi replies EFCC, says will provide evidence later

avatar
Usman5554

Nigeria


  • 21st, November 2021 (1 week ago)
  • $ 0.00626163
  • 1
  • 30 Views
Post-Image
 
BUA Group Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
 

N20 billion bailout fund scandal: Kogi replies EFCC, says will provide evidence later

The EFCC had earlier accused the Kogi State Government of keeping about N20 billion bailout fund meant to pay workers salaries in a commercial bank in order to yield interest.

 
 

A day after the anti-graft agency, EFCC, provided ‘evidence’ that the N19.3 billion which the Kogi State Government allegedly hid in a commercial bank has been returned to the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Kogi government has denied the claim.

However, rather than provide evidence to back its stance, the Kogi government said it would prepare a comprehensive response to what it called “the desperate moves by the commission.”

The EFCC had earlier accused the Kogi State Government of keeping about N20 billion bailout fund meant to pay workers salaries in a commercial bank in order to yield interest. The Kogi government had denied the allegation.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how, on Friday, the EFCC released a statement announcing that the money has now been transferred to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

The letter

   

  1

  0

$ 0.00626163




0 comments


You MUST be logged in to like, dislike and comment on this post

Share this article